Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 14   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 102 users
22.08.2011 - 12:20
Sometimes I leave my computer for a while when I'm in the lobby, so I just idle there. I get messages from players or reports, and then when I come back, there has usually been enough traffic in global/room chat to erase the lines when I try to scroll up.

If there could be a way of showing a player is idle after no activity for 5 or 10 minutes or whatever, it would be a good indicator for others. For instance displaying your name in italics in the lobby list (like some chat programs do) or adding AFK (away from keyboard) after your name in the list.

This is not really a necessary feature, but in case it is very easy for you to code in Amok, it could be useful
लदान...
लदान...
22.08.2011 - 12:45
Been there, done that. Definitely needs to be implemented, I assume it isn't hard because a lot of games have that feature.
लदान...
लदान...
22.08.2011 - 12:46
I agree. Italic or a darker nickname would be enough.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
लदान...
लदान...
22.08.2011 - 15:16
It would also be nice to have a ping noise when someone says your name.
----
Fight for Fruit
Assault for Aristosseur
Die for Desu
Violate for Vaglneer
लदान...
लदान...
02.01.2012 - 20:21
Bump for some love from Amok when he returns
लदान...
लदान...
03.01.2012 - 02:44
I wish I was as popular as you Guest... Receiving all those messages and such.
लदान...
लदान...
03.01.2012 - 15:00
This sounds great. I like the idea of sort of "timing out" into an idle status in game.

The benefit that really makes me hope this is implemented is indicating games that are open by idle players that have not started yet. At night I see a lot of games started by players who are idle and never start the game. You have to hope they get back or convince everyone that the game starter is afk and to relocate. Having an idle status would fix this because people would immediately leave when they see that the player is idle.

It would also stop people from thinking the player is afk+ leaving just because the game hasn't started immediately or he/she isn't talking (may be muted). I've never been muted but I'd imagine that could be a problem. All in all sounds like a good feature, hopefully we see it soon.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
लदान...
लदान...
03.01.2012 - 15:21
लिखा द्वारा Houdini, 03.01.2012 at 15:00

This sounds great. I like the idea of sort of "timing out" into an idle status in game.

The benefit that really makes me hope this is implemented is indicating games that are open by idle players that have not started yet. At night I see a lot of games started by players who are idle and never start the game. You have to hope they get back or convince everyone that the game starter is afk and to relocate. Having an idle status would fix this because people would immediately leave when they see that the player is idle.

It would also stop people from thinking the player is afk+ leaving just because the game hasn't started immediately or he/she isn't talking (may be muted). I've never been muted but I'd imagine that could be a problem. All in all sounds like a good feature, hopefully we see it soon.

I really like Houdini's idea. Hope its put in the game soon.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
लदान...
लदान...
03.01.2012 - 16:31
 YOBA
This. Should also work with the /report function so if all online mods are idle, you can't send anything to them.

Not italics, preferably some icon next to their name. Unless you've used IRC clients, the use of italics in some names won't be apparent to you.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
लदान...
लदान...
03.01.2012 - 18:08
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 03.01.2012 at 16:31

This. Should also work with the /report function so if all online mods are idle, you can't send anything to them.

Not italics, preferably some icon next to their name. Unless you've used IRC clients, the use of italics in some names won't be apparent to you.

IRC clients very nice chats : )

though I agree a symbol would be better than italics.
----
लिखा द्वारा Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
लिखा द्वारा tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

लदान...
लदान...
13.01.2012 - 10:28
लिखा द्वारा Fruit, 03.01.2012 at 18:08

IRC clients very nice chats : )

though I agree a symbol would be better than italics.

I can never tell italics from regular words :/ *has bad eye sight*
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
लदान...
लदान...
20.04.2012 - 21:23
I like the idea of having AFK after the name, so it will be more clear. Putting AFK in red letters after the name once someone goes idle would be great.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
लदान...
लदान...
21.02.2015 - 18:51
 KYBL
Thread ID 1812 like death1812
----

लदान...
लदान...
21.02.2015 - 20:52